CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

6.1.10

JAMBO FROM KENYA

 At 7.30am Kenya time (6.30am Finnish time, they're one hour ahead) this morning my phone started spitting out messages and updates from their journey. They have all made it, but their luggage hasn't. Out of 15 bags (excuse me if I'm too lazy to count the exact number) only 2 bags (Ica's and Mikaela's... lucky them!) made it! So, we who are leaving in a few hours (!!) can pretty much count on not getting our luggage before leaving to Taita Hills.. this will be interesting, but so far so good, I think I have everything I need in my carry-on lugagge.

Then the greets from Hanna, Ica and Mikaela:

" Jambo from Kenya! Ica Mikaela and Hanna here, and let us tell you.. It is amazing! The plane journeys were pain, we didn't get our luggage, but it doesn't matter, since we're actually walking on African soil now! There are people EVERYWHERE, and they are really friendly! Our "camp" outside Nairobi is wonderful, and so far we have been swimming! The teachers chaged today's plans last minute, so right now we're sitting in the bus, heading for the Rift Valley!! The temperature is perfect, but since we're all pale as can be, 50s sunscreen protection is a must. Something is missing though.... the rest of the group!! (part of text missing..... can't wait to see you! Hugs!!
P.S. Update with pictures from today will follow toninght"

Ok so it truly sounds amazing. I wish I would be there already as well! but for now.. I need to keep packing, because we're leaving to the airport in only 2 HOURS, and I thought this day and time would never come!

// Maria







0 kommenttia: