CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

27.12.09

ONE WEEK LEFT

Well, because I'm sorta the administrator for this blog (and the bossy one, as my introduction says if you check the bar on the right hand side of your screen) I'm gonna go ahead and write the first blog post!

In exactly a week, we'll be on our way to Kenya, flying with Turkish Airlines from Helsinki to Istanbul, and from there to Nairobi(!!) so it's about time this blog gets activated. The plan is to update this blog daily from Kenya, so that all of you can follow us on our adventure! One of us 8 girls (read the introductions!) is gonna write something about what we've done or learned, add pictures, videos and... well, whatever we think is worth blogging about!

Why are 8 finnish girls going on this trip, you might ask?
Well, it's actually a school project, and it's not just the 8 of us. We come from the Swedish speaking "lukio" (senior high) in Kauniainen, and we're going on this trip with 8 students from the Finnish lukio in Kauniainen.
With us we'll have 2 teachers from the Finnish school, and the principal from our school.
To drive us around in jeepes in Kenya, we're also going to bring along 3 professors from the University of Helsinki, to act as our chauffeurs in Nairobi and Taita Hills.

So, there's some short background info for ya ;)
I'm gonna let someone else fill you all in on what we're gonna do in Kenya, for the 10 days we're gonna be there. (And you with us of course, dear blog)




Personally, I've never been to Kenya, nor Africa before, so I'm really looking forward to learning about a completely different culture, talking with locals (that's what I'm probably most excited about) enjoying the warmth and of course the beautiful, or at least different, landscape, fauna and flora.

I'm sure we'll have a wonderful journey together, and I honestly can't wait to get going!
//Hanna



ps. I'm not sure... are we gonna write this blog in english or swedish? Thought I'd start out safe with English, and let the next blogger decide what to do language-wise.ds.



0 kommenttia: