CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

6.1.10

Bye bye Finland, Habari KENYA!


Finally!

3 days behind schedule but WE ARE FINALLY LEAVING. Half of Team Kenya left yesterday and today the rest of us get to begin the journey. I'm feeling a bit anxious since I haven't packed everything yet. The most important things, which will get me into Kenya, are packed though (the passport, vaccination card and malaria medicine)
Speaking of malaria medicine. I have the cheeper stuff called Lariam which I've eaten for 3 weekss now. Some of its side effects are feeling nauseated, insomnia, nightmares, hallucinations and cramps. I’ve suffered from all the above, except hallucinations (I think….… perhaps the green goblin I saw in the store the other day just was the magic done by the pills....) If you’re going to an area with malaria mosquitoes, DO NOT BUY LARIAM… what I’ve heard none of the girls who are eating malorone (the more expensive malaria medicine) have had any of these symptoms. So…dear readers… buy the more expensive stuff!

Here are some useful phrases in Swahili:
Habari - Hello
Habari zu asubuhi - Good Morning
Habari zu - mchana - Good Evening
Jina lagu ni ... - My name is ...
Sifahamu - I do not understand (this will be a very useful sentence)
Ninakupenda - I love you
Huu hapa wali, samaki, mbatata na saladi. Nitakuletea keki baadaye- Here is rice, fish, potatoes and salad. I'll bring you cake later




Kwa herini. Tutaweza kuea nyuma 15.1!!!
//Sofia








2 kommenttia:

Nora said...

I'm eating the "cheap malaria medicin", lariam, and i'm feeling just fine! See you on the airport soon!!

Team Kenya said...

So Unfair! I've been feeling like crap everytime I've taken the pills... :/ But YES, see you soon

//S